A Fuel Management System Reduces Fuel Losses
Pilfering fuel at the pump by employees, contractors and others is a concerning issue at some sites. Where it is easy to just drive a vehicle up to a pump and pump fuel it is also easy for fuel to be pilfered. Fuel theft and unauthorized fuel use could be hurting your business more than you realize. You invest a lot of trust in your employees and site visitors, though unfortunately some of them may not reward that trust with responsible behaviour. If someone is motivated enough to steal fuel then they will likely find a way to do it but you can at least make it more difficult for them and ensure that you can track where and when it is happening.
There are a range of measures you can take to minimize fuel pilfering provided by a FMS. This includes:
- Tracking every vehicle and every driver, so you know how much fuel is used and when
- Restricting access to fuel by driver PIN, keys (RFID tags) (or a combination)
- Restricting access to fuel at preselected times such as 9am to 5pm
- Restricting fuel by days such as weekdays only
- Restricting fuel amounts such as a maximum of 200 litres per fill up or 2000 litres a day
- Limiting the type of fuel available based upon the vehicle being fuelled
Discover more about Cloud Based Benefits of Fuel Systems
Consider the Benefits of a SmartFill GEN 2
Data is recorded instantly online, with no need for special software (and it’s FREE to access!)
Inside, the components are easy to install if required.
Click-in and click-out design requires no special technical skills.
Control up to 4 fuel/oil dispensers, all delivering simultaneously Records fuel use for up to 2000 vehicles.
Records the past 5000 fuel issues in memory.
Uses secure vehicle keys, and driver PIN or keys to control access to fuel.
Restrict fuel usage by volume per vehicle/driver and/or time.
All data is stored securely in the unit and can be automatically uploaded to a secure website after each transaction.
Multiple communication options available for uploading data to the website: WiFi, 3G and Ethernet.
Large easy to read, color LCD display.